regulators cars

Cars Review in conference car

در June - 8 - 2016

Chevy Debuts Air Intake System for Duramax-Powered Silverado HDs

has debuted a new air intake system for its Duramax diesel-powered that is said to improve the V-8’s maximum performance thanks to a greater volume of cooler air, which lowers engine temperatures. The air intake provides a ram-air effect, pushing 60 percent of the needed air into the engine, while the other 40 percent still comes from inside the front fender as on previous

Fears on water intake though the hood scoop are quenched by Chevy’s uniquely designed air/water separator that only allows dry air into the engine. The air enters an expansion chamber with a sharp, 180-degree bend before it reaches the air filter. This is said to make humidity and mist form larger water droplets, which are flung centrifugally against the housing wall. Water is then drained through a valve, while dry air is then filtered before entering the engine.

Chevy says it tested the new air intake in every possible condition, from driving rain and wind-driven ice pellets to mist and light snow. “The 2017 Silverado HD was engineered to provide maximum utility for our customers in even the most extreme situations,” said Eric Stanczak, chief engineer, Silverado HD.

Interestingly enough, Chevy says mist is the hardest water element to remove from the intake. “Big, heavy raindrops from a thunderstorm are relatively easy to eliminate from air,” says Kevin Dunn, from Chevy’s global vehicle performance for splash engineering. “The more challenging issue comes from the mist-like spray generated by semi on wet highways. Those very fine water droplets prove more challenging to separate from the air. The air intake is an elegant solution that works well with water droplets of all sizes. For customers, the results deliver maximum engine performance and even greater towing confidence.”

Chevrolet has not announced any analytical performance gains from the new air intake system.

Continue reading for more information



Chevy Debuts Air Intake System for Duramax-Powered Silverado HDs

has debuted a new air intake system for its Duramax diesel-powered that is said to improve the V-8’s maximum performance thanks to a greater volume of cooler air, which lowers engine temperatures. The air intake provides a ram-air effect, pushing 60 percent of the needed air into the engine, while the other 40 percent still comes from inside the front fender as on previous

Fears on water intake though the hood scoop are quenched by Chevy’s uniquely designed air/water separator that only allows dry air into the engine. The air enters an expansion chamber with a sharp, 180-degree bend before it reaches the air filter. This is said to make humidity and mist form larger water droplets, which are flung centrifugally against the housing wall. Water is then drained through a valve, while dry air is then filtered before entering the engine.

Chevy says it tested the new air intake in every possible condition, from driving rain and wind-driven ice pellets to mist and light snow. “The 2017 Silverado HD was engineered to provide maximum utility for our customers in even the most extreme situations,” said Eric Stanczak, chief engineer, Silverado HD.

Interestingly enough, Chevy says mist is the hardest water element to remove from the intake. “Big, heavy raindrops from a thunderstorm are relatively easy to eliminate from air,” says Kevin Dunn, from Chevy’s global vehicle performance for splash engineering. “The more challenging issue comes from the mist-like spray generated by semi on wet highways. Those very fine water droplets prove more challenging to separate from the air. The air intake is an elegant solution that works well with water droplets of all sizes. For customers, the results deliver maximum engine performance and even greater towing confidence.”

Chevrolet has not announced any analytical performance gains from the new air intake system.

Continue reading for more information


(image)
Chevy Debuts Air Intake System for Duramax-Powered Silverado HDs

car

دسته بندی : Power

يک ديدگاه بگذاريد



7 − three =

ویدئو امروز
پشتیبانان ما